ADMISSIONS and APPLICATION PROCESS
The entrance requirement is to possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Official transcripts are required (including post-secondary institutions). Applicants who hold a high school equivalency diploma on the basis of the General Education Development (GED) tests are also considered for admission. Note: Applicants who do not meet these requirements, may be considered for admission under a special program.
Requirements for Admission
1. Each applicant should be at least 18 years of age. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit a letter of consent from a parent or guardian.
2. Official Transcript(s) – Applicants should send a copy of your highest education completed. (Ex: high school, college or university, religious courses, etc.) The Transcript Request Form is provided with the application package, if needed.
3. Personal Essay (Testimony) – Must be typed. Please see the “Application Checklist” for essay guidelines.
4. Applicants must adhere to the requirements set forth in the Application Checklist for submission.
1. Submit the completed application with all attachments and $25 application fee. Once you are accepted. a non-refundable technology fee is required in the amount of $75. Payments may be made through the online system under the Payment and Invoice screen, mailed in, or request an electronic invoice for payment. Payments must be received by the first day of class or the student will be removed from the roster.
2. Applicants must ensure that their official transcript is sent to A.I.M.S. Hand carried or hand delivered” transcripts will not be accepted.
3. All transcripts are due in the Registrar’s Office by September of incoming school year for traditional students OR at least 2-3 weeks before your Online Courses begin for Distance-Learning & Self-Paced students.
A.I.M.S. APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Before you submit your completed online application, take a few moments to check and make sure that the following items have been included and have been requested to be sent to A.I.M.S.
Application for Admission and Non-Refundable Registration Fee ($25)
All questions on the application must be answered. If a question does not apply to you, write “NA” (Not Applicable) in the blank. Please print or type your responses. Application MUST be signed and dated.
Review the Tuition Payment Plan – A tuition payment plan is provided for students to meet their financial obligation to A.I.M.S.
Personal Essay (Testimony)
Your personal “testimony” must be typed. The essay should consist of approximately 300-500 words (approx. two pages). Use one-inch margins, size 12-point font and double spacing. Grammar, cohesion and paragraph development will be examined carefully by the Admissions Committee. In the essay, you will need to answer the questions below to indicate your Christian experience, commitment to God, description of your life, and anything you consider important that must come to the attention of the Committee. A.I.M.S. is a Christian institution designed to serve the Body of Christ. With this thought in mind, you are required to submit a “testimonial” essay about yourself and include your answers to the following questions.
1. Why do you desire to attend A.I.M.S., and how does it relate to your life goals?
2. Describe your own religious experiences; both past and present.
3. What is your call to ministry? (EX: Apostle, Prophet, Pastor, Evangelist, Teacher or Helps Worker)
4. How will your enrollment in A.I.M.S. benefit your development for ministry?
Official* High School Transcript or a GED -OR- Official* College Transcript(s) – due September of incoming year OR 2-3 weeks before courses begin for Distance-Learning & Self-Paced students.
All applicants must have completed high school or GED equivalency. Applicants who have not completed high school or a GED are not eligible for enrollment. Home-schooled students must submit a transcript and date of graduation or date of intended graduation.
Should you have any additional questions as you are completing the application, please feel free to contact our Admissions Office at 910--644-0174. You can also reach us via email at email@example.com.
Finally, your electronic signature at the completion of the application will confirm your agreement with the Institution’s goals, mission, and purpose. It also is an affirmation that all of the information contained therein is correct to the best of your knowledge.